Hello All. Thanks to Kat for her idea in using a blog as a tool to exchange ideas. After our Succession meeting tonight, we thought it would be a good idea to have a central place where people can post thoughts and respond to others' ideas.
A couple "FAQs," as we call them here on the web:
- Can this site be searched by Google or other search engines?
I have set the blog settings so that someone entering relevant text into a search engine would not receive this site as a hit.
- Can anyone view this blog?
In theory, yes. However, since it is not "searchable," my understanding is that the blog will really only be found by someone actually typing the URL into their browser's address bar. So, while this blog should not be considered "secure" by any means, it isn't the kind of thing we'll be seeing a lot of traffic on. If this is a tool we decide to use, I will install a "site meter" which will give us a sense of how much traffic we're receiving, so we'll know if we're getting an unusual number of visitors.
-------
There are a couple of ways we can run this:
- I can invite all the board members to be "bloggers" on this blog - this would mean that any one of us can begin a new blog post.
or
- I can be the sole blogger (or maybe I and a select few others), which means I would be the only one who could start new posts, and all subsequent discussion would take place in the "comments" section.
I vote for the second option because I think it would maintain a better organizational flow. If anyone had something that needed to be posted, it could be emailed to me and I would post it.
Please let me know what you think of these ideas. Post your response by clicking "Comments" below. Please be sure to enter your name so we can all see who you are.
Thanks!
Nicky

No comments:
Post a Comment